Nature Republic Botancial Green Tea BB Cream Review


Over the past few months I got to try out the Botanical Green Tea BB Cream in No. 21 (light beige) from Nature Republic. Please keep in mind that people's skins are different and this is my own experience with this product.



  To start with, the outside packaging art gave a natural feel with the light-green flowing leaves. The box also states in Korean that it has contains no parabens, tar color, mineral oil, benzophenone, talc, or triethanolamine which is great. A website selling this item also states that it contains Jeju green tea extract 250 ppm. I like the pump which allows me to dispense product easily.
 
 I have been using it over winter because of the light color, but I think this is better suited for the summer due to its lightweight texture. It also contains SPF 30. 

My first impression of the BB cream when I first dispensed it is the smell. It does not smell like green tea and if it does, has been infused with some other fragrances. It's not strong and smells refreshing to me. 





When it's on my skin, it feels matte. In fact, a little too matte that it gets a bit cakey on my face. Normally I have no complaints because Korean cosmetics and skincare are great, but I have to say this is actually the worst BB cream I've tried so far. This winter has been one of the coldest and I took extra measures to keep my face moisturized.* After applying this BB cream, there always seems to be pieces of dry skin visible on my face. I don't want to scare anybody so I'll spare readers a picture of what that looks like. 

I am displeased with the fact that this product accentuates dry skin that I didn't know I even had, and I exfoliate regularly.  Bottom line is if Nature Republic can solve that issue, I would buy it because the color, consistency, and scent are all great to me. If you check out different reviews of this product, it's actually worked well for some others.

Rating: 7/10
 
* To give some background info, the Northeastern part of the U.S. has experienced one of the coldest winters in 2014-2015 even though overall the world has experienced the warmest winter on record. I am also of East Asian descent, which may be a contributing factor to the genetics of my skin.

Disclaimer: The product was not sponsored and this is my honest review. 

* ི•̮͡ુ -ુ ྀෆ⃛* Shelley  ི-̮͡ू -ू ྀ


See Also:
Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm Review
innisfree haul and review 
3 Concept Eyes Haul (and mini review) 
Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam Review (and Los Cerritos Center Mall location pictures)

Do not take without proper credit!
Image Credits: en.koreadepart.com, me

0 comments :

Copyright © 2013 Test